Friday, January 29, 2010

1 - 29 - 10 Heading down to 14th St. and on Third Ave., near the 20's, a tall guy, dressed all in black was heading into a Mexican restaurant. I quickly asked him if I can take a photo. First, he said no, since he was a model and when I mentioned that I was a fine-art photographer, he agreed. I quickly noticed his large, white-framed sunglasses and his subtle growth of facial hair, along with the skull wool cap on his head that had a quirky button, pinned to the front. He said his brother was an artist and the button was an ad for his book of illustrations. He showed me a photo from his portfolio of him and his wife, who also looked like a model, mentioned he has been married for two years. He wore a black wool peacoat that kept him warm, along with a black scarf that he tucked into his jacket. Near Gramercy Park, I thought a gal was approaching me, but it turned out to be a guy, when he got closer. A large, fur hat crowned his head, large black-
rimmed sunglasses, shaded him from the sun. He carried a large Marc Jacobs tote bag and wore a grey wool coat, a plaid scarf and his tight jeans were tucked into a pair of Ugg-looking boots.
Back on Third Ave., in the 20's, I noticed a Japanese guy, whose grey top hat was blown off his head from the wind. When he caught it and put it back on, I asked for a photo, with his shaggy hair covering one of his eyes. He stood near the wall and was dressed in a black wool peacoat and a very large turquoise scarf was twisted around his neck. I noticed a large silver-chain hanging out from under his coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment